Monday, February 20, 2012

Cooking for my Family = Soothing my Soul!!!

Spending time with my family is, by far, my favorite thing to do.  Unfortunately, as my girls get older, those times become fewer and farther in between.  I can't even begin to tell you how very proud I am of all my daughters and their accomplishments, but sometimes this leaves me feeling, shall we say, a little sorry for myself!!!

That's why when one of my girls asks me to cook something for them or requests something special for dinner, I'm telling you, I'm all over it!!!  Feeding my family has a very soothing effect on my soul. 

Later this week we'll be going to visit Daughter #2 at school, and even though she's lived on her own for 2 years now and is quite a capable cook in her own right, I always ask her what she wants me to bring down to her and I can almost always guarantee that potatoes will be involved!!!  LOL

So, that's how I'll be spending the next couple of days and boy, am I looking forward to it!!!

But before I leave I still have 4 people at home to feed....and here's a look at "what's for dinner tonight?"...that's usually the first question I hear when I pick them up from school!!!  :)


                                          Crispy Chicken cutlet w/ roasted grape & red wine sauce,
                                          baby spinach salad and cauliflower (roasted) w/toasted
                                                                     breadcrumbs...
                                     


                                       ....and Madison requested Homemade Mac & Cheese!!!  :)


                                                                          Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment