Friday, March 2, 2012

Spring Cleaning...Is it too early???

Good Friday Afternoon Friends....I don't know about you, but I'm in the mood for some Spring!!!  We've been very fortunate here with the winter weather this year...it's been VERY mild for this part of the country....but I'm ready to get outside and play in the dirt (not mud or snow)!!!  I'm so looking forward to planting and weeding and just BEING outside and going to the farmer's market for real fresh produce!!!

Until I can get outside, I guess I'll pass the time doing some Spring cleaning inside....it amazes me how much clutter accumulates over the winter months!!!  To keep my energy up while I'm working so hard, I think I'll make batch of homemade granola...it's wonderful by itself, as a cereal with some skim milk or mix it into Greek vanilla yogurt and you've got a great breakfast or snack!!!  Hope you'll give it a try!!!

Homemade Granola

4 cups rolled oats
2 cups coconut
2 cups slivered
1cup cashews
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. kosher salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until oil and honey are well distributed.

Spread on to 2 baking sheets and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring half way through.
Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets.

Additional Ingredients (add after baking):

Craisins
Raisins
Dates
Dried Apricots
Dried Cherries
Chocolate chips



Have a GREAT weekend!!!

'Til Next Time...

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment