Monday, April 2, 2012

Easiest Bread Recipe....EVER!!!

Happy Monday Everybody......Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!  I just wanted to quickly share something I came across on Pinterest (the pin linked back to http://simplysogood.blogspot.com) !!

I'm trying to actually make some of the things I find on Pinterest so I can justify all the time I spend there!!!  LOL

For years I have shyed away from making homemade bread....you have to understand my Momma was Italian and made some of the best bread I've ever eaten!!!  We would come home from school and she would have fresh bread waiting for us....AMAZING!!!

So, when I saw the pic of this bread, I thought maybe it was time to give it a shot!!!

SO..GLAD..I..DID!!!.......Isn't she pretty!!!!


Click on the pictures to get a better view

Now keep in mind this bread is not baked in your standard bread pan...it's baked in a Dutch oven, so it's very rustic looking....just like the one's you see in those European style bakeries!!! YAY!!!


Crusty Rustic Bread

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. yeast


Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl


Add: 1 1/2 cups water


Stir together until combined

Cover with plastic wrap and let set for 12 to 18 hours on the countertop...DO NOT REFRIGERATE!!!
I started mine in the evening and let it set overnight...it worked out well for me!!!

After 12 hours the dough will look kind of sticky...


Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
Place your EMPTY Dutch oven with cover in preheated oven for 30 minutes.  While your pan is heating in the oven, turn the dough out onto a well floured cotton towel and cover with plastic wrap....let sit for the 30 min. that the pan is in the oven


When the pan comes out of the oven transfer the dough to the Dutch oven carefully, cover and bake for 30 minutes covered.....after 30 min. remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.

Here it is...hot out of the oven!!!
It is definitely the easiest bread recipe.....
I hope you'll give it a try!!!
'Til Next Time...
Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Can you believe I've never made bread? I know, huh? I'll have to give it a try! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *need* to make this! Super easy and my son Charlie would love to help! Thanks for linking it up through eat pray {read} love.

    ~Samantha
    http://www.thepeanutsgang.com/2012/04/honey-mustard-chicken-tenders.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this looks awesome!!!! Looks just like something you would buy in Europe!!! You're soooooo good sissy! Momma would be so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made bread before. I really want to try it though. Thanks for the recipe!toast foie gras

    ReplyDelete